[erlang-questions] Mnesia best practices - a meta question

Chandru chandrashekhar.mullaparthi@REDACTED
Tue Dec 15 23:52:46 CET 2015

On 15 December 2015 at 14:55, Lloyd R. Prentice <lloyd@REDACTED>
wrote:

> I've zeroed in on mnesia as the backend for the web application I'm
> developing for indie author/publishers. I've searched and read everything I
> can find on implementing and managing mnesia databases, including Klacke's
> fine manual. But I'm still left with many questions--- mostly arising from
> the fact that my users need to maintain and manage a large and diverse
> collection of data. I've identified more than fifty tables.
>
> I wish I had the knowledge and experience to write a mnesia best practices
> manual, but I don't. Thus, my meta question:
>
> Would it be more appropriate to bundle all my questions up in one post? Or
> to ask them in separate posts?

I would suggest starting with a few fundamental questions. The answers you
get to those questions might influence your future questions!

I have used mnesia for more use cases than most sane people recommend
doing, so I'll do what I can to help.

Chandru