[erlang-questions] Feedback for my first non-trivial Erlang program

Dmitry Kolesnikov dmkolesnikov@REDACTED
Tue Dec 15 10:03:05 CET 2015

Hello,

One quick suggestion to get rid of `case`

-define(workingTimeUnits, 60).
-define(is_working(X, Y), X < Y).

investement(T)
 when ?is_working(T, ?workingTimeUnits) ->
   salary(T) - expenses(T) - transactionFee();

investement(T) ->
   -expenses(T) - tax(expenses(T),T) - transactionFee().

I think function level guards improves readability. However, you might implement independent “path” to calculate meetings for working and non-working human beans.

Best Regards,
Dmitry