[erlang-questions] Idea for deprecating EPMD

Michael Truog mjtruog@REDACTED
Wed Dec 9 19:57:53 CET 2015

The problem seems to be that epmd is a separate OS process.  That is already being addressed in the pull request https://github.com/erlang/otp/pull/815 to make it an Erlang process.  Not sure about the reason why epmd was a separate OS process originally (I assume this doesn't impact -heart and VM instance count stuff, so epmd shouldn't be providing extra fault-tolerance).