[erlang-questions] UDP concurrent server

Sergej Jurečko sergej.jurecko@REDACTED
Wed Dec 9 12:16:48 CET 2015

On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 11:35 AM, Bengt Johansson E <
bengt.e.johansson@REDACTED> wrote:

> Anyway, there is no way the underlying UDP stack and/or erts can make the
> decision for you. To which process to send the packet that is.

Sure it could. By using the 5 tuple.
{SourceIP, SourcePort, DestinationIP, DestinationPort, Protocol}  (protocol
being either ipv4 or ipv6)

If we had gen_udp:accept(Sock) which would bind the 5 tuple to the process,
it would make writing UDP servers in erlang so much better. We could have
acceptor pools just like TCP.

Sergej