[erlang-questions] escript standard archive layout

Felix Gallo felixgallo@REDACTED
Sun Aug 23 02:15:05 CEST 2015

I've recently had the opportunity to dive into escripts a little.
Fascinating.

I haven't been able to glean a few things from the documentation, however,
and if anyone has experience with escripts, I'd love to hear their thoughts.

1.  It looks like, if your OTP application named 'bob' with one dependency
'mary' looks like this:

src/bob.erl
ebin/bob.beam
ebin/bob.app.src
deps/mary/src/mary.erl
deps/mary/ebin/mary.beam
deps/mary/ebin/mary.app.src
priv/secret.code

that the code module wants to get an {archive, ZippedBinary} block that
unzips to

bob/ebin/bob.beam
bob/ebin/bob.app.src
mary/ebin/mary.app.src
mary/ebin/mary.beam
priv/secret.code

is that, for want of a formal document, the accepted right way of forming
an archive block, all else being equal?

2.  Is there an escript 2nd-line (%%!) best practice/optimal options for
most standard escripts that some old timer can recommend?

F.