[erlang-questions] SNMP manager buggy and/or partialy implemented? (snmp v3 usm problems)

Daniel Goertzen daniel.goertzen@REDACTED
Wed Sep 3 15:47:24 CEST 2014

Regarding auth/sha: It sounds like you might not be truncating your privacy
key to 16 bytes.  The md5 hash yields 16 bytes, the sha hash is a bit
longer.

Make sure you are doing something like...

PrivKey = lists:sublist(snmp:passwd2localized_key(sha, PrivPass, EngineId),
16),

I am successfully using the snmp app as an agent.  The documentation is not
bad, but the RFCs were also helpful in gaining understanding.