[erlang-questions] fail_on_warnings, has it ever worked?

Sam Tavakoli sam@REDACTED
Thu Oct 9 01:16:51 CEST 2014

Hi

Today I saw a project where the erl_opts in rebar.config had
fail_on_warning instead of warnings_as_errors. Since I've never seen
fail_on_warning before I googled it and among other results I found
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9343630/command-generate-not-understood-or-not-applicable.
Where someone comments that fail_on_warning is deprecated in R16. I
checked the R15B03-1 code and couldn't find anything related to
fail_on_warning. I also tried it out in the shell but it didn't fail a
compilation with warnings.

The second interesting link I found is
http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2011-March/057130.html
where fail_on_warning is shown again in a different example and R14B is
mentioned. I tried it out on R14B but it doesn't work either.

So my question is, has fail_on_warning ever worked? If so, which release
introduced it and when was it removed?

Thanks,
Sam