[erlang-questions] How to configure inet_dist_listen_min/max for the Observer

Matthias Rieber ml-erlang@REDACTED
Wed Nov 19 10:47:51 CET 2014

Hi,

I'd like to trace some processes on an ejabberd node which is behind a
NAT. I configured the required port forwards and limited the port range
for the dist ports on the ejabberd node with: -kernel
inet_dist_listen_min 54000 inet_dist_listen_max 54010.

Connection with -remsh and the Observer GUI work. I can see the
processes, ets and mnesia tables. No problem so far. When I try to trace
processes it turns out that another connection is required. This time,
the port is not chosen from the ejabberd range 54000-54010. Is it
possible to configure the port range for the Observer? Or maybe there's
another approach to do that?

Regards,
Matthias