[erlang-questions] Supervisor tree width?

Dmitry Kolesnikov dmkolesnikov@REDACTED
Fri May 30 15:02:39 CEST 2014

I’ll be trivial to say that design of supervisor tree is an application specific.

One lesson learned is that supervision it’s about the guarantees. Take a look into Fred’s post
http://ferd.ca/it-s-about-the-guarantees.html

Personally, I’am splitting an application to smaller functional units with own supervisors per unit.
If an unit design needs 15 children then I see no issue to have them.
However, if 15 children do not have any relations each other then I am combining them to guaranty deterministic application state after failure.

Best Regards,
Dmitry