[erlang-questions] Conditional configuration?

Roger Lipscombe roger@REDACTED
Fri May 30 13:09:06 CEST 2014

You can provide different config files by using the -config switch. We
use this to have a different configuration for each environment.
Unfortunately, this leads to a lot of duplication in the config files.

You can also provide multiple configuration files to the erlang
runtime. Later ones will override earlier ones, but at a fairly coarse
granularity. See http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/config.html for
details.

We've been looking at cuttlefish
(https://github.com/basho/cuttlefish/), which allows sysctl-syntax
configuration files, and seems like it will allow more fine-grained
merging of configuration files at startup. The point of that being
that you'd have base.config, dev.config, and (potentially)
machine.config files which would overlay on each-other.