[erlang-questions] Dialyzer and opaque types

Hans Bolinder hans.bolinder@REDACTED
Fri May 30 10:26:53 CEST 2014

[Jan Chochol:]

> We run in some problems with Dialyzer and opaque types.
> Our problem can be simulated by two modules:
> When analysing problem I found this piece of code in
> lib/hipe/cerl/erl_types.erl:
>
> inf_union(U1, U2, opaque) ->
> According to git log, this part of code did not change since R13B03

Many--but not all--problems with opaque types were fixed in 17.0.
erl_types is one of the modules that were modified quite a lot.

Your example works with 17.0, as far as I can see.

Best regards,

Hans Bolinder, Erlang/OTP team, Ericsson