[erlang-questions] gproc:monitor(Key, follow)

Camille Troillard lists@REDACTED
Thu May 29 14:09:27 CEST 2014

Hello Ulf,

On 29 May 2014, at 10:33, Ulf Wiger <ulf@REDACTED> wrote:

> In this sense, gproc:monitor/2 works like erlang:monitor/2, which also stays silent if the object is alive and well.

That makes sense.

> Perhaps the easiest thing to do is to simply look up the name right after calling monitor()?

Yes I could do that, though I wished I only had a single place where I act on the registration notifications.

So I could use nb_wait, but there is a small discrepancy where its callback signature {gproc, Ref, registered, {Key, Pid, Value}} is not the same as the one of monitor {gproc, registered, Ref, Key}. Maybe there was a good reason for this, unfortunately this prevents me from having a unified notification of a process coming up.

Thank you.
Cam