[erlang-questions] Fwd: Re: finding the nearest key in a key-value table

Michael Truog mjtruog@REDACTED
Wed May 28 05:01:26 CEST 2014

Code for a patricia trie is here https://github.com/okeuday/trie . The source code is more efficient with string() (list of integer) usage, but the same code works with binaries with the separate btrie module (with macro magic).  There isn't any nearest functions, but instead functions that match using a string pattern that contains "*" wildcard characters and functions that use a prefix to find similar keys.  The nearest function shouldn't be hard to implement, if that was pursued.