[erlang-questions] IPC and peer communication between erlang and native application

Michael Truog mjtruog@REDACTED
Fri May 23 23:49:44 CEST 2014

You can use a cnode if you want the c/c++ to act like a distributed Erlang node, but that would be for normal LAN usage (no high latency) and it would be a hidden node (not a normal visible node that everyone is connected to).  I have CloudI (http://cloudi.org) which creates separate sockets for each thread used in c/c++ source code (for each OS process spawned), but the OS processes are managed like an Erlang port is managed, by the Erlang VM.  If you need something independent completely, you can just do a normal separate protocol with c/c++ clients connecting to an Erlang server, using msgpack or something similar for the protocol.  It just depends on what is required.

(it is generally better to send emails to erlang-questions@REDACTED, the erlang-programming@REDACTED emails get lost often due to google plus issues)