[erlang-questions] SHA-256/512 password hashing

Fred Hebert mononcqc@REDACTED
Wed May 21 18:48:11 CEST 2014

On 05/21, Per Hedeland wrote:

> Thanks, I know where to find SHA-256 and SHA-512, that's not what the
> question was about - i.e. it's a matter of what you hash and how. See
> the link.
>
> --Per

I know you asked for SHA, and this might be an external requirement you
can do nothing about. However, in the possibility you can choose the
technology you want there, I'd like to possibly recommend erlpass
(https://github.com/ferd/erlpass) which uses bcrypt to encapsulate
common password operations, and should be safer.

Sorry if that ends up not being helpful,
Fred.