[erlang-questions] Jinterface receiveRPC bug?

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Tue May 20 11:49:06 CEST 2014

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 11:40 AM, David Welton <davidnwelton@REDACTED>wrote:

> The "obvious" thing from an
> Erlang point of view would be a selective receive, but I don't really
> see that in a quick glance at the docs, and if you're suggesting
> mailboxes, I take it that's the best way.

JInterface is pretty simple. Implementing selective receive would be quite
a job and I guess the code would look ugly as hell (constructing terms is
not nice with jinterface). Maybe Java 8's lambda expressions could make it
a bit prettier, but I wouldn't bet on that.

There are a few Java libraries that extend the functionality, among which
erlide has its own. I am planning to extract selected parts and publish
them separately and even submit them to OTP, maybe jinterface in v18 will
look better...

regards,
Vlad