[erlang-questions] Storing images

Dmitry Kolesnikov dmkolesnikov@REDACTED
Mon May 19 10:57:12 CEST 2014

Hello,

The access pattern for images and it’s meta-data is different.
They have different TTL properties and caching hierarchy.

Therefore, storing images and its meta-data inside single record is not good idea.
You are absolutely right that distributed binary storage for images shall be separated from metadata storage.

The best solution depends on many factors including your hosting requirements, CDN vendors, costs, etc...

I would use Riak for meta-data but AWS S3 + CloudFront for binary content.

Best Regards,
Dmitry