[erlang-questions] BSON parsing?

Richard Carlsson carlsson.richard@REDACTED
Fri May 16 09:33:52 CEST 2014

On 2014-05-16 00:44 , Richard A. O'Keefe wrote:

> On 15/05/2014, at 11:35 PM, Loïc Hoguin wrote:
>
>> Erlang doesn't have a representation for NaN, +infinity and -infinity.
>
> Does anyone know why?

The only reason I can recall hearing (ages ago) was something along the
lines of NaNs and infinities not being something that Ericsson wanted to
deal with in telecom switches. I guess we'll have to ask Joe or Robert
if they remember.

On the other hand, it would probably be straightforward to change the
behaviour, and I can't see that a lot of code would break. There could
be a flag to erl for backwards compatibility. EEP, anyone?

    /Richard