[erlang-questions] literal character syntax

Rich Neswold rich.neswold@REDACTED
Thu May 15 14:49:34 CEST 2014

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 7:38 AM, Kostis Sagonas <kostis@REDACTED> wrote:
> On 05/15/2014 12:36 PM, Anthony Ramine wrote:
>>
>> $ gg -i "stupid emacs" -- \*.erl
>
> I may be slow today, but I really do not understand how the above is related
> to what the original subject asked for.

I believe Mr. Ramine was disagreeing with zxq9's assertion that it's
"not confusing in editors/highlight modes which are trained to point
out literal whitespace". He pointed out more than a few places in the
Erlang source in which the $literal syntax confuses the editor's
highlighting.

--
Rich