[erlang-questions] Vim freezes when I try to close a *.erl file

Magnus Mueller magnus.mueller@REDACTED
Mon May 12 09:32:28 CEST 2014

Hey Lloyd,

I ran into similar problems with vimerl before, see [1]. The problem was, if I remember it correctly, related to a bug in R16B02 or R16B03, which should be fixed in newer versions.

The workaround for vimerl was to comment out `-mode(compile)` in `indent/erlang_indent.erl`.

Magnus

[1] https://github.com/jimenezrick/vimerl/pull/45

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: erlang-questions-bounces@REDACTED [mailto:erlang-questions-bounces@REDACTED] Im Auftrag von lloyd@REDACTED
Gesendet: Dienstag, 6. Mai 2014 06:20
An: Gokhan Boranalp
Cc: Erlang
Betreff: Re: [erlang-questions] Vim freezes when I try to close a *.erl file

Hi Gokhan,

Found it!

I deleted .vim and .vimrc and reinstalled vim. I can now edit *.erl files again.

Since I had not changed any of my vim plugins (mainly vimerl), it seems likely that either the ubuntu or Erlang upgrades created incompatibilities.

Gokhan, if you're ever in my neighborhood, or vice versa, I owe you a couple of rounds.

Many thanks,

Lloyd