[erlang-questions] Newbie: At what point should event handler be installed?

Schneider schneider@REDACTED
Tue May 6 10:29:36 CEST 2014

Hi list,

I have a very basic application with a supervisor started which starts a
gen_fsm which handles some serial line data and a gen_event process which
should log some of the serial line data to a mnesia table. I want to
implement the logging to the mnesia table as an event handler. At what point
does one install the event handler using gen_event:add_handler.
Logging to the database is always on, but logging to the terminal is
optional.
Installing the handler at the application level after starting the
supervisor works but does not feel right, nor does the supervisor.
Could you give me some advice?
Thanks.

Frans