[erlang-questions] Erlang/OTP 17.0 and android

Erik Reitsma erlang@REDACTED
Mon May 5 16:29:48 CEST 2014

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay, but I have now packaged 17.0 for Android. You can
download the .apk from
http://erlang.ernovation.com/files/Erlang4Android17.0.apk (It is no
longer allowed to put new binaries on Google Code...) This apk is
intended to be used with ScriptingLayer4Android (SL4), as before.

You can download the zip file with Erlang itself directly for use
outside SL4A from http://erlang.ernovation.com/files/erlang_17.0.zip The
apk will download and install this for you...

I have put the source at https://github.com/Ernovation/otp/tree/master.
I had to make only some small modifications to handle the different
location of the shell on Android, all my other modifications had already
been put into the main OTP repository.

I have removed the android package from the download and into an
installable library. It now uses the '$handle_undefined_function'/2
introduced recently, otherwise it works as before. It is an interface to
the API of SL4A which you can find here:
https://code.google.com/p/android-scripting/wiki/ApiReference For
example, you can show some text on the screen by calling
android:makeToast("some text").

Kind regards,
*Erik.