[erlang-questions] Erlang, WSDL, SOAP.

Christy Watson clw.geek@REDACTED
Fri May 2 17:02:27 CEST 2014

I'm an erlang newbe, but even with java ee and code generation based on
a wsdl.  The actual mapping to the objects must be done by the
programmer, and is a mess.  The wsdl concept is great, I just think the
standard is to overly complicate the implementation.  Remember all a
wsdl is for is to say to the user of the service "if you send me
__________ I'll send you ____________ back".  So others have
auto-generated themselves into a mess.  Ask yourself what you really
need to do to get from input to output, then map your algorithm...
you'll probably end up with a much more efficient piece of software than
an auto-generated jaxWS mess.