[erlang-questions] Documentation for list_to_binary

Juan Facorro juan.facorro@REDACTED
Fri Jun 27 04:41:40 CEST 2014

Hi Paulo,

I might be doing something wrong here but the *Description* section I see
in http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/erlang.html is the following:

DESCRIPTION

By convention, most built-in functions (BIFs) are seen as being in the
module erlang. A number of the BIFs are viewed more or less as part of the
Erlang programming language and are *auto-imported*. Thus, it is not
necessary to specify the module name and both the callsatom_to_list(Erlang)
 and erlang:atom_to_list(Erlang) are identical.

In the text, auto-imported BIFs are listed without module prefix. BIFs
listed with module prefix are not auto-imported.

BIFs may fail for a variety of reasons. All BIFs fail with reason badarg if
they are called with arguments of an incorrect type. The other reasons that
may make BIFs fail are described in connection with the description of each
individual BIF.

Some BIFs may be used in guard tests, these are marked with "Allowed in
guard tests".
I couldn't find the reference to *erlang(3)* you mention.

Cheers,

Juan