[erlang-questions] Which IDE do you use for Erlang/OTP core development?

Camille Troillard lists@REDACTED
Thu Jun 26 12:42:28 CEST 2014

Hello Alexander,

I use IntelliJ IDEA. While it is not the primary purpose of this editor, it has a good plugin for Erlang/OTP.

http://ignatov.github.io/intellij-erlang/

The real time-saver of this IDE is the ability to mix and match different languages. It has strong support for Javascript and HTML, so if you are developing a web-app on top of Erlang, this can be a pretty confortable working environment. I am not sure about C though.

I haven’t had luck with Emacs, I found there was too much configuration, not enough documentation, and that ultimately it did not work well on my Mac, YMMV.

Cam