[erlang-questions] Dependencies, included applications and supervision

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Wed Jun 25 22:39:19 CEST 2014

On 06/25/2014 10:32 PM, Jay Nelson wrote:
> 2) You have to sprinkle ‘ensure_started’ calls throughout your code if there is a
> dependency. And trust me, you can never be completely assured that it is started
> at any given moment, ensure_started is yet another race condition.

I'm sorry what?

Why would you ever call ensure_started outside of the shell while
developing or a test suite? Releases figure out dependencies and start
applications in the appropriate order.

--
Loïc Hoguin
http://ninenines.eu