[erlang-questions] [ANN] Neotoma 1.7.0

David Mercer dmercer@REDACTED
Mon Jan 6 20:15:32 CET 2014

This is as an alternative to yecc, yes?  Yecc if you want to specify your grammar in BNF, neotoma for PEG?  Any advantages of one over the other?

Cheers,

DBM

From: erlang-questions-bounces@REDACTED [mailto:erlang-questions-bounces@REDACTED] On Behalf Of Sean Cribbs
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2014 11:22
To: Erlang Questions
Subject: Re: [erlang-questions] [ANN] Neotoma 1.7.0

Woops, GMail sent my message before I was ready. Here's the link for [1] https://github.com/seancribbs/neotoma/tree/1.7.0#neotoma

Cheers,

Sean Cribbs

On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 11:21 AM, Sean Cribbs <seancribbs@REDACTED> wrote:

Hi Erlangers,

I'm happy to announce a long-awaited version bump to Neotoma[1].

The main feature of this release is the removal of several dialyzer type warnings in generated parsers: namely, unused parser-combinators are elided via macros.  Thanks to Kostis Sagonas and Anthony Ramine for help in diagnosing these errors.

Breaking Changes:

If your parser uses the included line/1 or column/1 functions, you will need to define the 'line' or 'column' macros, respectively, at compile time or in your global code block.  Future releases might inspect inline code blocks for usage of these functions and include them for you, but that is not present in this release.

The 'neotoma_peg' module has been moved to the test/ directory as it was only used for testing the combinators. I'm sorry if anyone was using this module outside Neotoma.