[erlang-questions] Why isn't Erlang more popular?

Miles Fidelman mfidelman@REDACTED
Sat Feb 22 23:53:29 CET 2014

Following up on that... People either:
- stick with a language/platform/environment they learned in school (or
at some point)
- use the language/platform/environment that is forced upon them by
their environment (job, customers),
or, and only if the above fail,
- search for a language/platform/environment that addresses a problem
they're trying to solve, and they way they think about that problem

If you're working a problem that is well suited to concurrency, high
availability, and functional expressions - you'll probably end up with
Erlang.  Otherwise....