[erlang-questions] Why isn't Erlang more popular?

Steve Davis steven.charles.davis@REDACTED
Sat Feb 22 23:39:06 CET 2014

I strongly suspect that it is because erlang forces you to figure out the
problem before you write code.

In general, my observation is that people prefer to distract themselves
with trivia and convince themselves of productivity, rather than figure out
a real problem.

This makes erlang appear hard for people - when in fact it's super-easy if
you know exactly what you are trying to do.

My 2c

/s