[erlang-questions] IDE: call for feedback

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Fri Feb 14 10:10:36 CET 2014

Hi Bengt,

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 9:52 AM, Bengt Kleberg
<bengt.kleberg@REDACTED> wrote:
> Is there anything in those 500 open tickets that is a stand-alone
> tool/program?
> I use Acme, not Erlide, but it would be nice to help with any Erlide
> tool/program that can also be used on its own.

Thanks for the offer!

I don't think there are any standalone tools. The integration with
Eclipse is tight and I don't expect there are many people that are
interested in Erlang, know Java, know or want to learn the Eclipse
APIs and have some spare time to do so. The tooling on the Erlang side
is also depending on our own scanner and parser formats.

I will keep this in mind and if there is something that could be
developed standalone I will let you know.

My vision is to have the core functionality of
handling/sorting/changing/munging/filtering/etc source code as
separate and independent from Eclipse, so that it can be used by any
and all other IDEs. This is still rather far into the future, though,
at the current rate of progress.

best regards,
Vlad