[erlang-questions] ChicagoBoss 0.8.7 with PostgreSQL 9.2

Tuncer Ayaz tuncer.ayaz@REDACTED
Thu Feb 13 21:54:14 CET 2014

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 5:34 AM, Ivan Carmenates Garcia wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm in the middle of some project and I have troubles connecting cb
> with postgreSQL I'm using the full and stable version of cb 0.8.7
> because the new one isn't possible for me to get from here. Rebar
> uses a peer protocol or something that is not a simple http request
> to connect to github, and I have many restrictions in my proxy,
> restrictions that I cannot solve because that is not up to me. So my

I didn't try it myself, but I know people who use the following global
git config to replace git:// with https:// whenever they fetch from a
remote:
$ git config --global url."https://".insteadOf "git://"

If you have local repos you want to access via git://, you should be
more specific:
$ git config --global url."https://github".insteadOf "git://github"

Also see the git-clone(1) and git-config(1) man pages:
http://git-scm.com/docs/git-clone
http://git-scm.com/docs/git-config

> point is if there is any way to solve this problem whether is
> updating the mysql dependency to another version that works with cb
> 0.8.7 and PostgreSQL 9.x at the same time or getting another version
> of the postgreSQL, I think the stable version of mysql that comes
> with cb 0.8.7 works only with postgreSQL 8.x, but that is an old
> version of it.
>
> I would rather to have the stable version of cb 0.8.9 that I think
> it will work with postgreSQL 9.2 but unfortunately I cannot get it,
> if someone would be so kind of get it for me with the entire cb
> 0.8.9 or some master stable version that supports postgreSQL 9.x
> with all it well functional deps (rebar get-deps) I will appreciate
> that.

If you're interested in overriding deps specified in sub-projects, you
might want to follow https://github.com/rebar/rebar/issues/222.