[erlang-questions] Time for OTP to be Renamed?

Tristan Sloughter tristan.sloughter@REDACTED
Thu Feb 13 19:33:08 CET 2014

Yet provided no proof that changing the word Telecom would improve
adoption or that it hurts adoption.

Additionally no proof that causing adoption based on some name changes
and marketing are a good thing.

There was a boon in Erlang usage some 5 years ago that left a sour
taste in many peoples mouths because it was incorrectly used for
problems that both fit the language and those that didn't.

Time is better spent building systems and tools than naming or trying
to ride a wave of 'reactive' or 'async' or whatever else is the fad at
the time.

Sun did a great job with pushing Java into realms it wasn't built for.
I want increased adoption, but for the right reasons.