[erlang-questions] Time for OTP to be Renamed?

kraythe . kraythe@REDACTED
Thu Feb 13 19:22:54 CET 2014

Ahh well. I have had my say and stated my opinions more than once. So I can
leave it there. It is, however, definitely food for thought about the
direction I wish to go with my project. Not so much the issue of OTP as a
name but the general impression of "adoption? bah humbug ... if they don't
like it they all suck and we don't care." Sounds like a disaster of a
business decision to me.

Im not so sure its going to be easy to staff or finance a project on a
language that has 1) tools that need work, 2) a limited trained staff 3) a
community that cares little about language adoption. It could be that
Erlang becomes another Lisp for me. A language I think rocks but is
entirely impractical in the business world.

*Robert Simmons Jr. MSc. - Lead Java Architect @ EA*
*Author of: Hardcore Java (2003) and Maintainable Java (2012)*
*LinkedIn: **http://www.linkedin.com/pub/robert-simmons/40/852/a39
<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/robert-simmons/40/852/a39>*

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 12:16 PM, Miles Fidelman <mfidelman@REDACTED