[erlang-questions] FW: Version numbering scheme change and the implication / Re: [ANN] Erlang/OTP 17.0-rc1 has been released.

Fred Hebert mononcqc@REDACTED
Thu Feb 13 17:41:03 CET 2014

→ erl -noshell -eval 'io:format("~s~n",[erlang:system_info(otp_correction_package)]),halt(0).'
17.0-rc1

It is objectively longer than having -V switch, loads more content, but
gets the result you want as one command line option. Adding in the
options '-noinput +A 0 -smp disable' to the command brings it below
0.15s on my VPS, usually below something noticeable.

Maybe that will be enough.

Regards,
Fred.