[erlang-questions] Time for OTP to be Renamed?

kraythe . kraythe@REDACTED
Thu Feb 13 16:52:35 CET 2014

All that is true but all the documentation still refers to the long name
and people will ask about the long name. When I came to erlang as a newbie
I initially looked at OTP and thought that was just for telecom. Something
like the whole canonical model movement in XSD. So there is a bit of
miscommunication. This is just from the Erlang newbie's perspective. I have
been programming professionally for some 20 years and even I had to dig
deeper before I found out that OTP was actually just like the core lib in
the JDK.

*Robert Simmons Jr. MSc. *