[erlang-questions] FW: Version numbering scheme change and the implication / Re: [ANN] Erlang/OTP 17.0-rc1 has been released.

Andreas Schumacher andreas@REDACTED
Fri Feb 7 13:24:23 CET 2014

The change of version scheme does not (necessarily) imply a change of
the release cycle. The current plan is to release 17.0 in March and up
to three additional OTP 17-based minor releases this year. When OTP 18.0
will be released has not been decided, yet.

Indded, one of the (long-term) ambitions with moving to source code
releases and an improved patch handling is to allow for a faster release
procedure.

Andreas