[erlang-questions] Version numbering scheme change and the implication / Re: [ANN] Erlang/OTP 17.0-rc1 has been released.

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Fri Feb 7 12:55:53 CET 2014

Sounds good.

One question though. Does that mean the current cycle of having a major
release every year will be changed, or should we still more or less
expect a new major at the beginning of the year and three or four minor
releases after that?

I hope that having source code only and a proper PATCH number will allow
much faster release of fixes when a release is significantly broken
(like for example the R16B03's syntax_tools application issue --
R16B03-1 took a long time to get released).

Loïc Hoguin
http://ninenines.eu