[erlang-questions] Controversial subject of the day: tabs and spaces for indentation

Raoul Duke raould@REDACTED
Wed Feb 5 20:04:18 CET 2014

> I guess Emacs does not allow indentation to be anything other than horrible.
> Every time I've brought it up there is whining about some precious little
> elisp file that can't handle the change.
> I've gotten harassed on the number of '%' comment characters I'm supposed to
> use for different context .. otherwise Emacs just explodes .. or something.
> Ok, so perhaps I'm being a bit dramatic here =)

personally i found this funny and poignant and great. i am an emacs
user, but i am not am emacs bigot. i'm a usability bigot. so i love it
when things like this come up and people point out what is stupid
wrong about the emacs-emperor-with-no-clothes.