[erlang-questions] Erlang Package Manager

Anderson Torres torres.anderson.85@REDACTED
Wed Dec 31 06:00:54 CET 2014

Hello!
I am Anderson Torres. I'm a wannabe computer scientist, and a regular
NixOS user.

Recently at nix-dev mailing list [N1], Eric announced that the
developers of Erlang were discussing the need of a package manager. I
read the message of Joe Armstrong about using Nix.

I think using Nix is very attractive:
- we are a small team by now, and we need more programmers and
beta-testers (as almost any big project).
- also, we can serve as a platform for popularizing Erlang.

I am not an Erlang programmer, but as an active NixOS user, I
regularly maintain Nix expressions for some good softwares [N2]. So,
maybe I can help answering questions about Nix, and even programming
some small testing apps!

Many thanks in advance!
Waiting for input,
            Anderson