[erlang-questions] Command-line for releases

Roberto Ostinelli roberto@REDACTED
Sun Dec 28 12:16:16 CET 2014

Hi all,
Let's say that you have a running node, started from a release command:
$ myapp start

Now, I'd like to check some current stats of the node (for instance, with
erlang:memory/0), but would like to do it with an external script, i.e. a
command-line tool so that it gets printed in the console, like so:

$ myappctl memory
total:14303080

What is your recommended way to have a command-line tool connect to a
release-started erlang node to issue a command and return a value?

There are many ways, I'd like to hear some recommendations.

Best,
r.