[erlang-questions] Why doesn't Erlang has return statement?

aman mangal mangalaman93@REDACTED
Wed Dec 17 11:07:45 CET 2014

I understand what to do if the only way out is to use *return *but I think
it takes away the fun of writing Erlang code and makes the program
difficult to understand. More importantly, as the Garrett Smith explains in
the video that it is important to write quality code than worrying too much
about say performance as of today and *return *statement is definitely not
the way to go. I like the approach of writing functions than using case
expressions as he explained that functions are just named case expressions,
and if next function call is the last statement in current function it
won't affect performance as well if I even think about it. Great
discussion, I have learnt so much of Erlang in such a short time, thank you
so much!

Aman Mangal