[erlang-questions] Why doesn't Erlang has return statement?

aman mangal mangalaman93@REDACTED
Tue Dec 16 09:05:08 CET 2014

Hi everyone,

I have seen similar questions before on the forum but I could never
understand the reason behind it. Is it due to theoretical reasons such
as *return
*statement makes it hard to reason about the program or practical reasons
that it is hard to implement it (this doesn't seem right but I cannot think
of anything else)?

Moreover, is there a good alternate to avoid nested case statements? Making
more functions just seems tedious. Using *catch *statement seems another
good alternate but my intuition is that it is not good practice, is it?

Thank you
Aman Mangal
www.prism.gatech.edu/~amangal7