[erlang-questions] C interface, NaN and infinity

David Welton davidnwelton@REDACTED
Mon Dec 15 17:56:13 CET 2014

I started working on what might be a fix for this, here:

https://github.com/davidw/otp/tree/error_on_nan_inf

It's a little bit more complicated than I'd hoped for, since it's
necessary to link against libm:

LD /home/davidw/workshop/otp/lib/erl_interface/bin/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/erl_call
/home/davidw/workshop/otp/lib/erl_interface/obj/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/libei.a(encode_double.o):
In function `ei_encode_double':
/home/davidw/workshop/otp/lib/erl_interface/src/encode/encode_double.c:34:
undefined reference to `__fpclassify'

... and I'm not quite sure how to do that within the Erlang
compilation framework (it's been ages since I've worked with configure
and friends).

Also, there are docs and the test suite to fix too.

--
David N. Welton

http://www.welton.it/davidw/

http://www.dedasys.com/