[erlang-questions] Bit Packing question

Santosh Kumar santosh79@REDACTED
Sat Dec 13 05:22:32 CET 2014

Hrm, I'm not sure I understand. Here's some code:

Num = 128.

128

So, Num is a number. I then do:

BNum = <<Num>>.

Now, BNum is a binary. I check it too:

is_binary(BNum).

true

I now, try doing:

Packet = <<BNum:4/bytes>>.

** exception error: bad argument

Here, I am trying to create another binary Packet, that is 4 bytes long as
and has as it's contents BNum. If what you say is true and "/bytes" is used
to pack Binary data this would work. Unless I am missing something.

Thanks for your response.

Santosh