[erlang-questions] application organisation software

Iñaki Garay igarai@REDACTED
Fri Dec 12 14:02:40 CET 2014

Hello Peter,

On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 5:43 AM, Peter J Etheridge <petergi@REDACTED>
wrote:

> dear fellow erlangers,
> i plan to commence writing an application.

by app I suppose you mean a desktop or non-server program?

> after viewing a lecture by joe in which he mentioned organising our files,
> i was wondering if anyone has a favourite website with some guidance on how
> best to organise pseudocode, files and modules etc. for a project?
> has someone written an app. in erlang, for instance?

In my experience, most Erlang applications follow the OTP guidelines for
file organization[0].

Wings3D[1] is a subdivision modeller written in erlang.

Command-line applications are easy, you can use rebar's or gut's[3]
escriptize functionality to create something easily runnable.

You could also separate the interface and structure your application as a
client-server, still following OTP guidelines for layout.

[0] http://www.erlang.org/doc/design_principles/applications.html#id74089
[1] www.wings3d.com
[2] https://github.com/rebar/rebar
[3] https://github.com/unbalancedparentheses/gut