[erlang-questions] Another question on Maps pattern matching

Björn-Egil Dahlberg wallentin.dahlberg@REDACTED
Wed Dec 10 02:57:13 CET 2014

Ah, when the book appears before the implementation .. or even the spec.

Only literal keys are allowed in Maps in the current release (17.0+). And
with literals we mean no variables in this case.

In the master branch (18) we currently allow for variables but not as
described in joes book (at least not yet). Variables has to be bound before
they are used there.

// Björn-Egil