[erlang-questions] TCP buffering

Sat Dec 6 13:44:49 CET 2014

On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 10:31 PM, sean mcevoy <sean.mcevoy@REDACTED> wrote:

> These "chokes" are regular across peak & quiet times and cause a similar
> proportion of timeouts regardless of the traffic level. (Traffic comprises
> of simple non-blocking requests and responses)

Start by checking if there are problems with the TCP connections
themselves. It could be an Erlang-problem, but you need to investigate at a
lower level first. Networks tend to be evil. Erlang usually operates quite
okay without tuning of these settings. Which leads me to suspect there is
something else going on somewhere. A simple 'netstat -s' can sometimes show
something ugly as well.

--
J.