[erlang-questions] Non terminating Dialyzer invocation in R16B03-1

Kostis Sagonas kostis@REDACTED
Thu Dec 4 19:43:33 CET 2014

On 12/04/2014 07:54 PM, Sam Tavakoli wrote:
> I'm having an interesting issue with Dialyzer in R16B03-1
>
> This will never terminate and there is 100% CPU load.
>
> If I swap out opaque to type, it terminates or if I remove the pattern
> matching on Rec in b/2 it works.
>
> Any ideas why this is?
>
> Further more, Dialyzer can handle this in 17.3.

The handling of opaque types has improved considerably in Dialyzer
starting with 17.0.  Most probably you are running into a corner case
which has been fixed and now it's properly handled.  I suggest you
update to some 17 release.

Kostis