[erlang-questions] Why EEP-0018 "JSON bifs" (and conforming libraries) are "wrong" about object encoding (i.e. `[{}]`)

Josh Adams josh.rubyist@REDACTED
Wed Aug 27 20:03:29 CEST 2014

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 12:40 PM, Bob Ippolito <bob@REDACTED> wrote:

> If there was a mochijson3 it would surely use maps rather than {struct,
> proplist()}. Perhaps EEP18 should be amended for Erlang 17?

I would assume this isn't true until maps are fast with a large number of
keys though...would that be accurate?  I definitely have plenty of json use
cases that would likely perform poorly until that change occurs.