[erlang-questions] Potion: was "Erlang for youngsters"

Robert Virding rvirding@REDACTED
Mon Aug 11 20:48:01 CEST 2014

Whoops, this discussion went a bit further than I thought it would.

I know I like implementing languages but the original message should have
been considered as one that was 4 months 8 days too late. :-)

I happen to like the erlang syntax, it IS very simple and consistent and as
Richard says a a big feature of Lua is the system around it and the very
dynamic nature of it. Also it would never be a true Lua as that would not
fit properly on top of erlang. Even apart from mutable data it does things
in a very different way, for example code handling. No, for real Lua on
erlang uses Luerl.

But the Lua syntax is quite simple.

I was just getting on the bandwagon of having another X influenced language
on the BEAM. :-)

Robert